Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Banana Shake with Rice milk

Lately I have been trying to find yummy dishes that don't use dairy. It is really hard to find any that my kids will eat. I did however create a dessert that they will eat. If you make it let me know how it turned out for you.

Banana and Rice Milk shake

4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup Rice Milk
10-20 ice cubes
Vanilla

Cut up the bananas into pieces and put them in the freezer. Leave them in there for a couple hours or until frozen. Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until well blended. Enjoy!

When I made this last night I did not add vanilla. The kids relaly liked it but my husband and I thought it needed more flavor. Before pouring this into your cup taste it and add more flavoring if you need it. I was also thinking it might tast good with some chocolate syrup on it!

1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

Mmmm.... that sounds good! Another one that I need to try! Sis, all these recipes look so yummy! I'm going to try out one of the recipes from the link you sent me, and then I'll post about it... soon. :) Love ya!

Click here to read the "welcome" post and learn more about this family blog!